In the Media
- July 24, 2014: University Times – Pitt leads effort to organize adaptive sports network
- July 18, 2014: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – When using any watercraft, properly wearing a life vest matters
- June 19, 2014: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – GOAL Day at North Park to kick off the summer
- June 11, 2014: Pittsburgh Business Times – Adaptive sports and fitness consortium to launch in Pittsburgh
- June 8, 2014: US Department of Veteran Affairs VISN4 Community Events – Adventure on the River
- June 1, 2014: GoErie.com – Planning a Presque Isle Water Trail
- May 24, 2014: Erie News WICU – Paraplegic Athlete To Appear In Upcoming Presque Isle Documentary
We share in the belief that water is the ultimate equalizer and venture to create unique opportunities for youth and adults to develop independence, maintain personal fitness, and gain self-confidence through paddling.
Who is Dynamic Paddlers
My name is Larry Gioia and I am the Founder of Dynamic Paddlers.
I have been kayaking for 10 years and am an American Canoe Association certified Level 3 Sea Kayak coach with an ACA Adaptive Endorsement.
In 2011, I was introduced to a kayaker who paddles with a below-elbow amputation. This paddler’s personal desire to maintain an active lifestyle and his story of recovery have served as an inspiration for many. They had such a lasting impression on me, that I began to get more involved with adaptive sports and adaptive athletes here in Pittsburgh.
Dynamic Paddlers was born out of my passion for paddling, teaching, community building, and growing the sport of kayaking in our region.
Over the past four years, my team and I have helped to introduce hundreds of youth and adults, of all abilities, to the sport of kayaking.
We look forward to getting on the water with you.
We work with every one of our students, athletes, and groups to develop safe, fun, memorable, and unique paddling experiences.
Whether it is meeting at your favorite paddling location, customizing the instruction based on your goals, or helping to adapt the kayak for your comfort – we will work one-on-one to tailor the experience to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
A Community Partner
We have partnered with some of the best organizations in the region to promote community outreach, develop programming, and deliver high-quality paddling education and training.